New presenter question

Discussion, questions or ideas relating to presenting a show
Alan_Ross

New presenter question

Post by Alan_Ross »

Hi everyone! Great to be here. I've been looking for something like this for a while and then I got an advert through Facebook so here I am!

Anyhoo, just a quick question (well, two actually!). Firstly, I have some V/O's from a previous station (obviously just namechecks rather than station IDs) is it ok to use them on air here?
Also, as we're heading towards Christmas ( :o sorry!), when can we start playing Christmas songs?!

I look forward to virtually meeting everyone over time!

Cheers,
Alan

bertie

Re: New presenter question

Post by bertie »

Hi Alan - great to hear from you, and welcome to the Reach family :)

In answer to your questions:

1) 'Potentially' - it depends who made them and who owns the copyright. If you had them produced yourself, then it should be fine. If the station did it for you, then unlikely ok. Worth checking if there were any specific T&Cs. But as long as you have the right, we won't have an issue with it, so should be ok. Obviously only your name and not the other station :D

2) Xmas - haha big debate. I think what we've generally gone for in the past is "you can play the odd one now and then before December 1st, then after December 1st you can let loose'. However... it's a covid year, and sometimes a Xmas coming early isn't a bad thing.... so.... we've been a lot more relaxed this year. Tune in at 20:00 this Sunday for the finale of the Reach RoundUp, where there will be a few Xmas things going on too!

Thanks!

Bertie

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

Hi

Welcome to Reach.

I use imaging that was custom produced for me by Pam's of Dallas and Jam. The licence allows me to use these jingles on any internet based radio station and includes listening on line, on a internet radio or smart speaker. I wouldn't be allowed to use them on AM/FM radio for example. As Bertie says, if they were made for you at another station then probably not.

MARK

Alan_Ross

Post by Alan_Ross »

Thanks for the replies!
The jingles/vo's are all my own paid for by me and do not mention any station, purchased for use on hospital radio and internet radio. The majority are very much in the style of our own imaging stings etc anyway so they should be ok. many of them produced by Radio Jingles 24.

As for Christmas, HO HO HO! :D

bertie

Post by bertie »

Sounds like you're set for both questions 1 and 2.

Can't wait to hear you on air!