Test problems

Discussion around the technical aspects of presenting a radio show. From mixers to software used. Including any help on using software with Reach OnAir
mearsp

Test problems

Post by mearsp »

Hi All

My name is Paavali (Paul) and have just joined the platform. I am currently trying to set everything up. I have registered, subscribed and appears that I have downloaded the software and its configuration. The guide then told me I can try a test. I did try this however while my voice is coming through nice and clear, the music is very distorted and can barely hear anything. Any ideas what may be the problem and are there any specific pieces of equipment I need to begin broadcasting other than my PC. I have a built in microphone to my PC. Thanks in advance.

bertie

Re: Test problems

Post by bertie »

Hi Paavali

Welcome to the community! It's great to have you with us! Thank you for this, and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Could you provide us with a little bit more information on what computer you are using, version of Windows etc?

Also maybe you could do a quick upload of a short 1 min test so we can hear?

Thanks!

Bertie
Last edited by bertie on 25 Jun 2020, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

Hi Paavali

In addition to what Bertie has said, what have you selected as the source for the Broadcaster software (stereo mix, what you hear, something else)

MARK

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

Thanks Bertie/ Mark.

I will try to upload the test and let you all hear if possible and I have an ACER computer Windows 10.

I'm not sure I have the source's sorted out yet. Can you advise me how I would arrange that.

Many Thanks

Paul.

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

Hi

I have done the tests now for about a minute of talking then played a song on Spotify. With the voice one you can hear me but sounds very distorted. The place where the tests are sadly wont let me attach to this email. I'll keep trying and hopefully I'll get there.

Many thanks

Paul.

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

I have used Spotify as the audio platform I would like to use but wont let me download to the Prerecords here. Maybe its simple problems to solve, Im not really sure...Thanks for any help as Im looking forward to get started.

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

Hi

On the Reach Broadcaster software click settings and the audio tab.
In the Audio Device drop down box what does it say you have selected as a source.

If you can record a 1 minute MP3 clip locally on your PC using the record function in the software.
Then attach it to an email to me at mark.stevens.reachonair@gmail.com I will have a listen

MARK

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

Hi Mark

Thanks. I have just gone to drop down and that gives me a few options:

-Default PCM Device
-Microsoft Sound Mapper Input
-Microphone Realtek High Definition
and
-Primary Sound Capture Driver

Hope that helps.

Paul.

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

Hi Mark

Just sent you the e-mail with a number of tests I have tried. Apologies, I think some of them sound awful.

Paul.

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

I am at work at the moment, but will have a listen when I get home and message you back.

Hopefully we will get this sorted out for you

MARK