Hi Smithy - great question.
Firstly, before we get into your question, there are two really quick ways to understand how to setup with ReachOnAir:
1. Online 101 Guide
- This online guide will take you step-by-step journey as how to install the software, and why we needed it.
2. Video Screencasts
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... aUFwG4Cfn8
- We also provide a step-by-step narrative via video on our YouTube channel, for those who provide video.
The Reach OnAir Basic Broadcaster
is a simple piece of software that is used to 'listen' to your system when you go live OnAir. The music you play, and your microphone is heard by the software, and sent to our servers for broadcast.
It is based on the OpenSource software called "Broadcast Using This Tool", aka BUTT.
We've just re-vamped BUTT slightly to make it an easier experience for our presenters, but you can also use BUTT if that's you already have that installed. n.b - you can now use any 3rd party software to broadcast, if it has a broadcast function (e.g. AudioHijack, PlayIt, Sam etc), in these instances you don't need Basic Broadcaster / BUTT installed.
There are two tasks to do when you present which will enable you to present a show:
1. Open 'Basic Broadcaster' and connect to the stream.
2. Open your 'Broadcast Panel' in your members area
You can do both when there's under 30 minutes before your show starts.
The Basic Broadcaster listens to your show, open, connect and then forget about it.
The Broadcast Panel gives you all the info about timings, audience interaction and more.
I hope this was helpful, but anyone feel free to ask questions!