Uploading

Discussion around the technical aspects of presenting a radio show. From mixers to software used. Including any help on using software with Reach OnAir
mearsp

Uploading

Post by mearsp »

Hi All. I was wondering if someone could help. I have just prerecorded my show for the coming weekend however the system wont let me upload. Once I picked the mp3 file it showed that it may be loading but as soon as the dial reached 100% a message came up saying Failed to Load-please contact us for further help.

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Paul.

bertie

Re: Uploading

Post by bertie »

Hi Paul - i've alerted @Chris to this issue to see if it's from our side. I'll try and work out if other pre-records have been uploaded. Thanks!

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

Hi Paul

I had a similar problem a few months ago. The mp3 played fine on my computer but had the same problem as you when uploading to the Reach server. It turned out that for some unknown reason if I used a particular piece of software to record the show and create the mp3 it failed to upload. But encoding the mp3 with different software worked fine. What I do now is save my show a Wav and use Xrecode to convert to mp3. Never had any problem using this method.

Alternatively you could use the reach broadcaster software record function, then something like mp3 Direct Cut (which is free and allows direct mp3 editing without reducing the quality of the mp3 any further) to trim the start and end silence on your recordings.

MARK

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

Thanks...will try some of that

Paul

mearsp

Post by mearsp »

Unfortunately still no luck with that but will keep trying for now

bertie

Post by bertie »

HI Paul - if it's still failing, for Reach RoundUp specifically, upload the file to WeTransfer/Dropbox, send me the link and we'll sort the rest!