Broadcasting a show

Discussion around the technical aspects of presenting a radio show. From mixers to software used. Including any help on using software with Reach OnAir
bertie

Re: Broadcasting a show

Post by bertie »

Sorry for not replying sooner! I was frantically trying to find the name of VoiceMeeter which i somehow forgot! Hopefully Alan's help works - let us know :)

ChrisJames

Post by ChrisJames »

Hi and thanks for your advice and tips, no further forward, trouble is because I have settings set up for the other show on a station I do I'm always nervous to change things. Saying that I'm really keen. I shall have another look over the weekend.

I was getting strange issues of the broadcaster picking up my voice on the mic even though it wasn't meant to be on.

ChrisJames

Post by ChrisJames »

So is voice meter a separate install that I should download? Sounds like a plan that may working that is the case.

bertie

Post by bertie »

Hi Chris - that's right. It's not a Reach software, but it does sound like it will sort your issues, from what you describe!

ChrisJames

Post by ChrisJames »

Hi, just a quick update, tonight (Friday) I installed voicemeter and with a few tweaks i think I may be there, did some test records through the broadcaster and it picked voice and music up, though on playback it sounded distorted. Any ideas as to why and whether on a Live transmission that would happen?

Anyway not far off now, more practice over the weekend I think.

Thanks for the advice so far guys.