Smaller networked chart show and new radio soap.

Discussion and gossip! Radio related or not! Hang out at the water cooler to have a chat.
michaelfarrie

Smaller networked chart show and new radio soap.

Post by michaelfarrie »

There's a new weekly chart show being produced for smaller community stations as well as a proposed new radio soap which is apparently going to star the actor who played Nick Cotton on Eastenders, Reach schedules are pretty full admittedly, worth putting in for them?

Mark Stevens

Re: Smaller networked chart show and new radio soap.

Post by Mark Stevens »

I see no purpose in Reach broadcasting a weekly networked chart show when all commercial radio stations are already doing so. Reaches uniqueness is in giving people the chance to produce and present their own shows. The same with a networked radio soap starring a well known actor.

This is especially true at the moment with the schedules as full as they are (which is so good to see).

Alan_Ross

Post by Alan_Ross »

I agree with Mark in that we have plenty of presenters here who are more than capable of delivering that type of show. I personally think the success of Reach On Air is due to the amount of dedicated presenters and the variety of music types we play without needing to use any outside/networked shows.

ChrisReardon

Post by ChrisReardon »

A agree with Mark also. This is a station for original content - people doing things "their own way". We have no need of shows shared with everyone else.