How long have you been broadcasting on Reach?

Discussion and gossip! Radio related or not! Hang out at the water cooler to have a chat.
bertie

How long have you been broadcasting on Reach?

Post by bertie »

So Reach OnAir has relaunched, and it looks like we're going to be having an amazing mix of new members, and those of us who've been around from Day 1 :D :D

I was lucky enough to be asked by Aaron, Chris and Dan to help out getting things set up for the online station when Reach was an RSL. Sadly I moved to Apple Mac as a system quite soon after the launch so I've struggled to broadcast, but I'm really happy to be able to bring back my show. So In short I've been around for about 12 years here, although I've had a 10 year hiatus on broadcasting :shock: ... eek, time to rectify! 8-)

How about you?

Craigyboy

Re: How long have you been broadcasting on Reach?

Post by Craigyboy »

My first live show on Reach was 17th December 2010, it was a show I'll never forget. The nerves were really high & to get a message from Aaron, (a station director) on my first show was shocking. I thought I had done something wrong, it turned out not to be the case. He was loving the show and that is where our friendship blossomed.
Now I am one of the directors of this fine station. If I could go back in time, would I change anything? Not at all I've loved every minute. To be here helping presenters on a daily basis, to get them on the radio, puts a smile on my face. Here is to many more great years on Reach OnAir.
Craig Pilley
Director & Station Manager of Reach OnAir

RadioDean

Post by RadioDean »

Pretty much since the dawn of Reach! Took a break from the start of this year though, however, am ready to return!

Will be great to reconnect with many old Reach friends, and meet some new ones!

Dean

James Freir

Post by James Freir »

Can’t remember the exact date but it was around September 2012.. I’ve been a regular on and off since. Lockdown got me back into again after a little break. Probably enjoying it now more than I ever have.

I was also on CMP - I remember you from those days, Bertie.

JaseFlavell

Post by JaseFlavell »

Sunday 17th October 2010 - Manic Midnight with Jason Flavell

I thought I would do my first show in the middle of the night, thinking no one would listen, how wrong was that!

I got my friends to read out the football scores for me to play out and the entire thing couldn't have been more wooden from nerves.

Had been doing "Fansite" radio for years before, but because my computer never had Stereo Mix I couldn't get on Reach until I was earning money (from college) to buy the Behringer Podcastudio and get my mini setup going!

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

5am on Sunday 22nd May 2008. The morning after the launch.

I had a choice, either stay up and do a show at 2am or go to bed and get up early, then back to bed.

I went with the latter.

Brando

Post by Brando »

I've been with Reach since the beginning - my first show was 01 June 2008! It's amazing to see all that's transpired over the past 12 years, and as I come up on my 450th live broadcast, I'm more excited than ever to be a part of this amazing station! :D

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

Compared to everyone else who has posted so far I suppose I'm a bit of a newbie. My first show was on May 23rd 2013, and I've loved every second of it. Looking forward to what's coming in the years ahead. One thing is for sure It's gonna be one hell of a ride

smithy1978

Post by smithy1978 »

Ooh, on and off since the station began in 2008, I've had a couple of premium accounts, during that time I've went on to work for other stations I always loved the station's jingles and the ability to do add hock shows as and when needed with the full support of Craig Pilley.

I took the time off radio to concentrate on my music compositions under the name System X in 2019. I'm glad the station is back on it's feet with a new look and feel, love the rebrand and love you all.

Smithy.
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mikethemusicman
Gamer, Musician, Broadcaster, Idiot.
Follow me on Twitch for all things gaming and music related.

John_McAleer

Post by John_McAleer »

I have been with Reach since April 2010, started with 10,000 tracks and anything could happen, and I brought Midnight Magic to Reach I think in 2011 or 2012, Midnight Magic has run on various formats since 1988, and it's now back, every Friday between 11.00pm and Midnight