Iain Lee leaves TalkRadio

Heard something interesting relating to radio? In goes here for everyone to know and discuss!
Ollie

Iain Lee leaves TalkRadio

Post by Ollie »

After 4 years, Iain Lee's late night phone in on talkRadio has finished.

I can't say I'm hugely surprised; the direction of the station, from a light-hearted talk station to a heavier news outlet had become clear, especially after Murdoch took over, but it's a huge shame that such a unique show has ended.

The show was entertaining, silly, often very poignant (saved a couple of lives along the way). Iain even gave me a few pointers when I tried a speech show on Reach, after I tweeted him.

Is there anywhere on British radio for knockabout silly chat any more? It's a shame if not.

bertie

Re: Iain Lee leaves TalkRadio

Post by bertie »

Ollie wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 22:11

The show was entertaining, silly, often very poignant (saved a couple of lives along the way). Iain even gave me a few pointers when I tried a speech show on Reach, after I tweeted him.

Is there anywhere on British radio for knockabout silly chat any more? It's a shame if not.
Hmmmmm. I wonder...😃

smithy1978

Re: Iain Lee leaves TalkRadio

Post by smithy1978 »

All we need now is for James O Brien to leave LBC and life will be complete. I can't abide that bloke, he does my head in with his attitude, on the other side of the coin though I do have a lot of time and respect for Iain Lee (he used to work on LBC as well) I had a conversation with him about alcohol misuse, he was quite humurous about it which made me laugh. I've never had the chance to speak with James O Brien, nor would I want to.

Iain has had a lot of mental health issues so maybe he wants to take some time off and focus more on something else, he's a talented broadcaster, he will be a miss for many who tuned into him every night.
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mikethemusicman
Gamer, Musician, Broadcaster, Idiot.
Follow me on Twitch for all things gaming and music related.