Greatest Movie and TV Themes

Have a show on Reach OnAir? Post it here to advertise when you're next on or submit track listings! Anything relating to your show.
bertie

Greatest Movie and TV Themes

Post by bertie »

For me, music is all about the power of the melody, less about the lyrics. This is why Movie and TV orchestral themes gel so well with what I love!

For this reason I've started a new show on Reach OnAir, which is called "Greatest Movie and TV Themes", here I'll be talking you through the movies soundtracks I love, even if I didn't enjoy the movie itself!

I'll try and post playlists and a bit of info here afterwards too! :D

bertie

Re: Greatest Movie and TV Themes

Post by bertie »

My first show is Monday 8th June, 2020 at 18:00 UK (BST)! I hope you can tune in.

bertie

Post by bertie »

Thank you all for helping my first Solo Radio Show in 10 years go down an absolute storm. I loved it, I loved interacting with everyone, and I hope you enjoyed it too! Here's the track listing from:

Greatest Movies and TV Themes - Show 1 - 09/06/2020
  • The Council of Elrond - Lord of the Rings
  • Time - Inception
  • Lix Aeterna - Requiem for a Dream
  • The Avengers - Avengers Assemble - Congrats to Jenny for winning the mug!
  • The Greatest Show - The Greatest Showman
  • Planet Earth II Suite - Planet Earth II
  • Jurassic Park Theme - Jurassic Park
  • How Far I'll Go - Moana
  • Hedwig's Theme - Harry Potter
  • Intrepid Explorer - Roanoke: The Lost Colony
I'd like to end with a link to the last track. Roanoke The Lost Colony was a movie made on an absolute shoe string of a budget, but it’s something I’m incredibly proud to have been part of. It is a 16th Century period drama feature film, about the first settlers of America. They settled on new land, then their governor returned back to England for supplies, and when he returned to the colony, it had vanished. The mystery remains unsolved today, and on Roanoke Island every year there is a huge celebration, if you can call it that, where you can watch the drama unfold in a large-scale production and festival. I had the pleasure of being accommodated by Dan, Jenna and Shane who were part of the key crew, to Roanoke Island after we premiered the film at the Ritzy Cinema in Brixton. We were only 21 but it was featured ITV and had a record sales for an independent film at that cinema. Without doubt the film would have been significantly worse had the film not have been brought to life by an entire 1 hour long orchestral soundtrack composed by Joe Hogan. We ended the night by playing out the Ending Credit sequences entitled, Intrepid Explorer. See more of Joe's work at http://joehogan.co.uk

michaelfarrie

Post by michaelfarrie »

I caught a bit of it sounded good I used to make these sorts of shows more often but have now filled in with a lot more chart music coverage. One idea could be the greatest TV & movie themes of the Tens, to look back on what's been some of the biggest hits of the last decade things like Frozen, The Greatest Showman, Rocketman, Bohemian Rhapsody, Game Of Thrones & Skyfall might be the ones that stand out the most. Looking forward to hearing more of the show!

I've got a couple of One Song, One Year film song shows that hopefully will get booked also now book on Reach!

bertie

Post by bertie »

Thanks Micael - some really good ideas there, and thank you for the great feedback. I'll certainly try and get this into the shows!

bertie

Post by bertie »

My second show is booked for Wednesday 17th June, 2020 at 18:00 UK (BST)! I hope you can tune in.

Craigyboy

Post by Craigyboy »

I'm back at work Wednesday night after my busy week off helping everyone out. Be nice to go back to work for a rest lol. Bertie I'll have your show on in my lorry while trucking on one of the many motorways.
Craig Pilley
Director & Station Manager of Reach OnAir

TimP

Post by TimP »

Hello! Are you doing a show this week? Soundtracks are a big love of mine...

Cheers

Tim

bertie

Post by bertie »

Hi Tim - great to hear from you, and thank you for the thought :)

If you want to listen to my second show (if you haven't caught it) you can here - https://reachonair.com/listen-live/g53kovn82vwmly2 for the next week.

My next show is booked for this coming Monday 29th @ 18:00 - so I look forward to having you join me if you can, or on replay later.

Mark Hobbs who is another DJ, also does a wonderful Stage and Screen music show. I notice this week you can catch him for an hour on Sunday at 11:00 UK.