Physical Formats based Show?

Discussion, questions or ideas relating to presenting a show
TimP

Physical Formats based Show?

Post by TimP »

Hello!

I've been involved with a local community radio station for a few years, which ceased live broadcasting last year, to go with prerecorded largely non-music content. I'm missing the live dynamic and music content.

I've been looking for an alternative place to host and create content - this may be it! I've been circling around the idea for a couple weeks now.

Is the play out of physical formats into the stream acceptable? Or already digitised content put into the livestream? I want to do a show of content, much of which may not be available via online platforms (from tape, CD, and probably even the odd bit of vinyl. I have the ability to do it - but does it work for PPL? And is more obscure / older stuff OK for Reach OnAir?I do believe I have an idea not out there (I have been looking around a long time to see if anyone else is doing it, and they're not!) .

Before I put in precious time and a bit of money, I want to know if it's do-able here.

Many thanks

Tim

AaronB
Site Admin

Re: Physical Formats based Show?

Post by AaronB »

Hello Tim!

Thanks for your message - yes, we welcome sound in any format and we are licensed to play most sound recordings.

We also welcome the "obscure" here! So please feel free to book your show. Sounds like it will be a great listen!
Aaron Beadle
Director of Reach OnAir

TimP

Post by TimP »

Thanks, Aaron - I'll give a couple trials with the free hours, likely later next week and week after, and see how things go.

In the meantime, I'll continue to listen and explore all the features of Reach OnAir

All the best

Tim.

AaronB
Site Admin

Post by AaronB »

Excellent - thanks Tim! Any problems, feel free to post back or contact us directly.
Aaron Beadle
Director of Reach OnAir