4g

Discussion around the technical aspects of presenting a radio show. From mixers to software used. Including any help on using software with Reach OnAir
Saml

4g

Post by Saml »

I’m due to be on in the morning and currently have no wifi. Does anyone have any experience of broadcasting over 4G data network?

AaronB
Site Admin

Re: 4g

Post by AaronB »

4G works fine, however I would lower the bitrate to 128k MP3 just to eek as much bandwidth out as you can :)
Aaron Beadle
Director of Reach OnAir

Carl

Post by Carl »

Did you do your whole show on 4G?
Kind regards

Carl

Saml

Post by Saml »

No, luckily my wifi returned sometime around 5am before the show!

ChrisReardon

Post by ChrisReardon »

Just as a point of interest , as well as being on Reach, I do a You Tube talk show in HD. I have 2 home studios, one in Berks (Virgin Broadband 200 meg) and the other, in a tiny little room, up at my caravan in Lincolnshire. I tell you this, because I have no wired broadband up at the caravan. It's all over the THREE 4G network, and works fantasticly. I have their home router thing, but I also purchased an external aerial, and had someone put it up outside the caravan on a pole. I get about 40 meg down and 25 up (the up is actually faster than my Virgin). There have been occasions when I've lost signal - maybe some maintenance, but on the whole it works really well. A little part of my show here, showing you the aerial installation. Hope this helps you.
Chris. :)
https://youtu.be/qNfhE8HfSv0?t=1128