Radio Drama

Have a show on Reach OnAir? Post it here to advertise when you're next on or submit track listings! Anything relating to your show.
markhobbs_

Radio Drama

Post by markhobbs_ »

Hi All,
Tonight, I will be airing something very special on Reach this evening (Saturday).

A company called Jenny Wren Productions were meant to be performing Bletchley Girls as a stage play, touring in May and June 2020, but the coronavirus pandemic put a stop to that, so they adapted it and recorded it as an audio play during lockdown.

It's so great that they have thought outside the box and still found a way to perform the play this year! Please tune in this evenong from 10pm - Midninght or on Replay afterwards to listen to this fantastic radio drama!

Inside Bletchley Park, Dilly Knox enlists a small team of women to crack some of the enemy’s toughest codes. Whilst Margaret Rock is a trained statistician, the newest recruit is Mavis Lever, 19 years old and a student of German romantic poetry. A friendship develops between this unlikely pair as pressure mounts on them to decipher intercepts which will impact the course of the war. It’s a phenomenal task – “We must know what Hitler knows” – and they work against the clock – and the odds. But it’s not all night shifts and Enigma machines; there are dances, pranks, and even a touch of romance.

Jenny Wren Productions presents this brand new radio drama based on the untold true story of two female code-breakers at Bletchley Park at the height of World War II.

Many Thanks
Mark Hobbs

bertie

Re: Radio Drama

Post by bertie »

Hi Mark - very excited to hear this. I'll be listening to this on replay during the week (Sadly/great - Sunday schedule on Reach is too busy to fit in).

This is a really cool offering! Thank you for sharing with the community.

michaelfarrie

Re: Radio Drama

Post by michaelfarrie »

I've thought quite a few plays near me would be good to adapt as a radio drama but I've never had any luck persuading anybody to do it so far, congrats on getting the production together and I'll listen with interest!