TROUBLE LOADING JINGLES

Discussion around the technical aspects of presenting a radio show. From mixers to software used. Including any help on using software with Reach OnAir
DJ Di

TROUBLE LOADING JINGLES

Post by DJ Di »

Hi I'm having trouble loading jingles to the programme I use. UDac Cartwall. All WAVs playing fine in Windows Media player but nothing when imported in to cartwall.

bertie

Re: TROUBLE LOADING JINGLES

Post by bertie »

Hello :) - What error do you get?

Craigyboy

Post by Craigyboy »

Hello Diane

All I can think of is that your cart wall software doesn't support WAV files, that's really the only reason why they wont load, I can think of. I will send you a message privately to get your email address so i can send you a copy of the MP3 ones.

Craig
Craig Pilley
Director & Station Manager of Reach OnAir

Mark Stevens

Post by Mark Stevens »

Hi Diane

UDac should be able to play WAVS, FLAC and MP3 files.
Could it be that your WAV files are non standard WAVS
It could be that UDacs is suffering from buffering issues with non standard WAV files.

Try this. Load the problem WAVs in to an audio editor
If you haven't got one download and install Audacity from https://www.audacityteam.org/
It's free.
Then save the WAV using the export as WAV option and give them new names.
Try them in UDac.
If they still won't play, go back to Audacity and export them again, but this time choose MP3.
Make sure when you export them as MP3s you select the best quality (320 kbps) from the quality selection in Format Options
They should now play in UDac

Hope this helps you

MARK

Craigyboy

Post by Craigyboy »

Mark Stevens wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 17:02
Hi Diane

UDac should be able to play WAVS, FLAC and MP3 files.
Could it be that your WAV files are non standard WAVS
It could be that UDacs is suffering from buffering issues with non standard WAV files.

Try this. Load the problem WAVs in to an audio editor
If you haven't got one download and install Audacity from https://www.audacityteam.org/
It's free.
Then save the WAV using the export as WAV option and give them new names.
Try them in UDac.
If they still won't play, go back to Audacity and export them again, but this time choose MP3.
Make sure when you export them as MP3s you select the best quality (320 kbps) from the quality selection in Format Options
They should now play in UDac

Hope this helps you

MARK
Hi Mark

Thank you for the suggestion, I sent Diane a copy of the jingles in MP3 (320 kbps) form and that seems to have worked for her. The members area has now been updated to only have the MP3 format so hopefully everyone should be ok now with out anymore problems.

Craig
Craig Pilley
Director & Station Manager of Reach OnAir