Interacting with Other DJ's and Phone In's

Discussion, questions or ideas relating to presenting a show
PHIL B

Interacting with Other DJ's and Phone In's

Post by PHIL B »

Hi is there a way to interact with other DJ's before and after our shows are to start or end to just to have a chat or to say nice show or to have a great show etc.

also how can we have live callers to call in and request a song or maybe to take part in a competition etc

Thanks

Phil B

Mark Stevens

Re: Interacting with Other DJ's and Phone In's

Post by Mark Stevens »

Hi Phil

I have done this from time to time by using Skype. Of course you need to know their Skype I'd (or they yours). I use a proper mixer for my shows so simply run Skype on a separate laptop and connect it up to the mixer. Not sure how practical it would be without using an external mixer.

Perhaps we could have a list of presenters Skype id's for those happy to do this in the presenters only part of the forum. However not sure about the data protection law in requards to posting these on a forum, even if it is by choice.

For listeners you could give out your Skype details on air. I also purchased a pay as you go sim card and use it just for Reach. I give out the number on air for text message and voice messages. Nothing to stop you connecting the phone to your mixer and take live calls if you want.

I know Ross has live phone calls on air so perhaps he can let you know how he does it.

MARK

PHIL B

Post by PHIL B »

This is most helpful

I would like to know how this is done, maybe it is a headphone jack to phono plugs..I will try this

but interacting with other DJ's will be great... I could get a SKYPE or even ZOOM ID

smithy1978

Post by smithy1978 »

Good subject of conversation, I've just invested £80 into a TBU unit, by GlenSound. I'm hoping to take some calls on air when I get my account reactivated, it's ran out unfortunately but I shall be paying the sub fee again in 2 weeks from now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfCDgx2WAAI ... name=large
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mikethemusicman
Gamer, Musician, Broadcaster, Idiot.
Follow me on Twitch for all things gaming and music related.